Other employment

The Council recognises that some employees wish to take other employment in addition to their council job. In the event that you seek to obtain paid external work whether salaried, waged or fee earning such work may be considered detrimental to the effective discharge of your duties or compete or conflict with the best interests of the Council and, therefore, you are required to obtain the prior written consent of the Head of Service to undertake such work which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.